Monday 17 September 2012

Oh Grandma

The weather is getting cooler and so come the hearty and comfort foods. One of our favorites is the good old-fashioned banana bread. My grandma used to make us a ton of baking and this was one of my favorite recipes. I usually add chocolate chips, but I am officially on the "reduce-sugar bandwagon" (even though this recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar, every little bit helps right?).



Here's this quick recipe:

  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup cooking oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. cream of tarter
  1. Mash bananas (I usually use a potato masher)
  2. Add ingredients in order given
  3. Stir for 2 min.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min-1 hour
One tip that I've learned was to let the crust get pretty dark... I makes sure that the whole loaf is cooked. To test, use a toothpick and insert it into the center. When it comes out clean you are good to go!

Happy baking!



No comments: